2019 Los Angeles Gala
SILENT AUCTION BIDDING GUIDELINES
The November 02, 2019 Los Angeles Gala Silent Auction will close at approximately 9:30:00 PM PST. We will communicate any updates on the closing time via text to the number you provided at registration. Please note that shipping of items is not included and is the responsibility of the winning party.
By bidding in the We Defy Foundation’s silent and/or live auctions, each bidder agrees to the below auction rules:
1. If you bid on an item, your bid is considered accepted by We Defy Foundation, and you are obligated to complete the transaction if you are the winning bidder. If you choose to bid on any item(s), you are certifying that you have the legal right to purchase and receive the item(s) being bid on.
2. Compliance with Laws:
Federal and State Licensing and registration requirements – WDF and buyer shall comply with all applicable laws, statutes, ordinances and regulations regarding transaction of certain auction items.
Winners of firearms will be required to submit required paperwork (Form 4473) through a licensed Firearms Dealer in the state of their residence and pay any required fees. All firearm auction winners will have to provide contact information for an FFL holder in their local area and this will be provided to We Defy’s FFL holder for proper transfer/shipment of the firearm.
3. Photos of auction items were taken by donors and others in our organization to represent the auction item/package to the best of our ability. They are for reference purposes only and actual condition/color/style may vary from the physical item.
4. Some auction items are not suitable for young children; seller takes no responsibility for harm resulting from misuse!
5. Some items may be reproductions and not an original. Please read item description thoroughly and please bid accordingly.
6. All sales are final. There will be no exchanges or refunds unless otherwise noted. All items are “as is.” WDF has attempted to describe and catalog items correctly, but neither warrants nor represents and in no event shall be responsible for the correctness of descriptions, genuineness, authorship, provenance or condition of the items. No statement made in this catalog, or made orally at the auction or elsewhere, shall be deemed such a warranty, representation, or assumption of liability.
7. The auction item value listed is an estimate of fair market value. Items have not been appraised unless so noted. The amount you pay above this fair market value estimate may be tax deductible as a charitable contribution. Please consult your tax adviser to clarify amount of deduction.
8. Payment for items purchased must be made in full on the night of the auction. We Defy Foundation accepts all major credit cards as payment method.
9. Once the Gala has concluded for the evening, winning bidders will proceed to checkout area where they will checkout and show their proof of purchase receipt as displayed on their smart phone in the Claims area to claim their item(s).
10. Winning bidders will be responsible for picking up and transporting auction items from the event venue the night of the auction, unless special arrangements are made prior to the close of the event. Any item left unclaimed after 30 days, without prior arrangements, will be sold to another party and proceeds will go to We Defy Foundation.
11. No shipment or shipping arrangements are provided by WDF; arrangement of shipment and delivery are entirely the responsibility of the winning bidder. Auction winners will be responsible for all shipping costs of items if the items cannot be received by winning bidder at the end of auction. Out of area auction winners will be responsible for all packing, shipping, and insurance (if requested) costs to ship auction items to the address of their choice. Some items are easily damaged in shipment; WDF offers no guarantees about condition upon arrival but we will pack and protect to the best of our ability. Shipping offered to United States bidders only, no other bids will be honored.
12. You are solely responsible for the contact information that you provide to We Defy Foundation when bidding in the auction.
13. We Defy Foundation reserves the right to add or withdraw items, without notice, to or from the auction.
14. Unless otherwise specified on the specific gift card, all auction gift certificates must be used within one year of the date of the auction.
15. Restaurant gift cards and certificates do not include alcohol, tax, or gratuities unless specified.
16. Each person bidding assumes all risks and hazards related to the auction and items obtained at the auction. Each bidder agrees to hold harmless from any liability arising indirectly from We Defy Foundation, their elected and appointed officials, members and employees, the auctioneer(s), the auction company and its agents and employees, the event organizers, sponsors, and/or volunteers connected with the auction.
17. No Warranty: We Defy Foundation and our auction item/service donors offer all items “AS IS” and without any warranty and condition, express or implied.
18. Being the winning bidder at an auction constitutes a contract between the buyer and the seller. Therefore, we encourage you to be fully aware of what you are doing and what you are attempting to buy. By bidding in our silent and/or live auction, you are agreeing to take responsibility for your bids.